If you are navigating the B2B world, you probably know that you need a strong presence on LinkedIn! With 630 million members and engagement levels at record highs (thank you Facebook!), LinkedIn has become an increasingly significant consideration for adept digital marketers that are looking to expand their footprint and boost their online profile.
If you are serious about optimizing your LinkedIn Presence, you may want to follow a few rules:
- Complete your page! It just happens that completed pages get 30% more weekly views. Check out your ABOUT tab and make sure it clearly delineates the key value proposition of your business. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Vision: What future do you want to help create?
- Mission: How will you help create that future?
- Values: What core values support your vision and decision-making processes?
- Positioning: What makes your brand different?
- Products/Services: What are your core product and service offering?
Once this is done, make sure you add your logo and a GREAT cover image. This is the first impression your viewers have of you. Your logo should be sized 300×300 pixels and the cover image 1536×768 pixels.
2. Grow your followers! Once pages gain 150 followers, your opportunity for growth within LinkedIn becomes exponential! Follow these best practices and you’ll be on your way:
- Add the LinkedIn “Follow” button to your website
- Link your page in all of your marketing templates
- Post content daily
- Check your activity tab. When your page has been @mentioned, you can re-share your best mentions to highlight why people love your brand
- Once a week, cross promote your page on other social media platforms
- Once a week, join topical conversations with hashtags
- Once a month, switch up the hashtags in your communities panel and review your page analytics
- And CONTINUOUSLY invite prospects to your network with a series of messages that will eventually turn them into paying customers.
And like always, here to assist if you need any help setting that up.
To your lasting success,